Celebrity Spotting III

No, it’s not quite over yet. . . . one more celebrity story…

Fast-forward to March. I am having a casual stroll on the beach when in front of me is a man with his golden retriever. The dog is fetching a stick.

As I near this guy, something looks vaguely familiar. Finally, it clicks. This is the host of the New Zealand version of the television game show, ‘Deal or No Deal!’

I had heard the rumours from the locals that he had a place in Matarangi.

As I approach him from behind, he slowed up considerably. I decided I’d wanted to follow him and see where his bach (beach house, Americans) was located. Perhaps, by chance, we might be neighbours and didn’t even know it!?

So, now I must find a reason to slow up as well so that I continue in a following mode.

I stop and look out to the horizon, feigning a love for the beauty of the sea. . . . . I look down and begin an bit of eager shell seeking. . . . . all the while nonchalantly glancing along the beach to see if my Deal or No Deal friend has decided to get his butt moving.

A few moments later, I was sidetracked by a lovely sand dollar and a perfectly pink scallop, when I look up and he’s all of a sudden making tracks!

I pick up the pace . . . . . with the look of a woman who’s all of a sudden decided to ditch the leisurely beach walk for speed-walking . . . I follow him while trying not to get too close (being a voyeur is a fine art, people!).

Anyway, I did follow him home and know EXACTLY where he beaches it now! I keep on looking for him on my beach strolls, but haven’t spotted him OR his dog again. He’s either busy in Auckland filming next season’s shows, or he sees me coming and is casually avoiding me.

“It’s that crazy lady that followed me on the beach a few months back! Quick, everyone, draw the curtains!”

Surely not?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi H, I've seen that man a few times at M before. Once running bare chested on the beach!!! The 2end time in December at the shop with a bottle of Gin/Vodka/Tequila (I actually don't know the alcohol to be totally honest!!) against THE chest and calling out to a woman: "Don't be long, we are waiting at the house" - she was buying veggies - sooo, they ARE normal and eat veggies and drink Gin/Vodka/Tequila!
Love all your stories - can totally SEE everything clearly in my mind!

Popular posts from this blog

The Birds are Back

We've Got to Kill Charlie

Racing the Dog